- The Inter Provincial Coordination Department was created by the Government of Balochistan in 2006. Its main functions are resolving of matters/ issues between the Provinces and Federal Government through the forum of Inter Provincial Coordination Committee (IPCC).
- General Coordination between the Federal Government and the Provinces in economic. Social and administrative fields.
- Promoting uniformity of approach in formulation of policies and their implementation by the provinces and the federal government in all fields of common national concern.
- Discussion of policy issues emanating from the Provinces that have economic, social or administrative implications for the country as a whole.
- Coordination with Ministries/ Agencies concerned to evolve suitable response to criticism of Government policies, program and actions and to project a proper image of the Government.