Science and Information Technology Department
The Science and IT Department was established in 2001 as Culture, Information and Information Technology Department. In 2004 the Department Separated and two Departments as Culture and Information, Information Technology Department. In 2008 department further divided into two separate departments and two Departments emerged as Information Technology and Information Department. After 18th amendment the portfolio of Information Technology Department was Changed to Science and Information Technology Department.
Vision and Mission
To harness the potential of Science & IT as a key contributor to E-Governance and good Governance in Balochistan
To support and facilitate in automation and digitalization of Government business and processes for efficient and effective service delivery to public
“Consultation With Science and Information Technology Department“
- The Science and Information Technology Department shall be consulted by the Administrative/ Attached Departments, District Administration and Autonomous Bodies:
- Whenever ant IT Intervention is required by the Government.
- before submission of their such scheme/Project/work for the consideration of PDWP/DSC.
- The Science and IT Department shall examine the IT related proposal on the following grounds:-
- whether the scheme/project/work is duplication/replication of an existing project/work;
- whether the cost-cutting can be made by making use of an already available resource in the provincial or federal governments; and
- whether there can be any integration/synchronization problems posed by proposal at a later stage.
- In Case of any difference in the opinion and point of view S&IT department and the proposing department, the decision of Additional Chief Secretary (Dev) shall be final
- To promote Science & Information Technology.
- To implement programs under national Science and Information Technology policies as well as to devise and implement provincial Science and Information Technology policies/plans
- To support/facilitate computerization, automation, and re-engineering of Provincial Government business processes leading to e-Government for continuous improvement in the state of efficiency, effectiveness, and transparency in service delivery and decision making
- To promote Research and Development in all fields of Science & Information Technology and recognition of research and development achievements through awards and prizes.
- To develop and optimally utilize human resource in the fields of Science and Information Technology.
- To coordinate with the Provincial Government departments to ensure that the contents on official website stay current.
- To develop technology standards, testing, and quality assurance systems including pre-qualifying firms that provide the services of Science and Information Technology consultancy, research, development, and products to the Government.
- Registration and monitoring of those private sector Science and Information Technology institutes which do not come in the purview of the Education Department.
- All Service matters of the employees of the Attached Departments, which does not include employees of the Secretariat and except those matters entrusted to the Services and General Administration Department or to any other Department whenever any IT intervention is required by the Government before submission of their such scheme/project/work for the consideration of PDWP/DSC.
- Directorate General of Information Technology, Balochistan
- Balochistan Institute of Information Technology and Management sciences, Loralai
|Construction of IT Institutes at Kalat, Dera Murad Jamali, Killa Saifullah & Ziarat|
|Quetta Safe City Project
(Project Management Unit)
GWADAR SAFE CITY PROJECT
PHASE-I (50:50 COST SHARING BASIS)
|Establishment of IT Training Center at Harnai, Zhob, Dera Allahyar, Killa Abdullah and Turbat|
|Digi Bizz: Free Lancing & Entrepreneurship|
|Establishment of GoB Data Centre|
|E-Filling System Civil Secretariat Quetta|
|Astronomical / Space Observatory for Science Educational, Research and recreational purpose in Quetta|
|Feasibility for Quetta Smart City|
|Virtual Education System project|
|Establishment of IT Park at Quetta|
Emerging Digital Balochistan
(Mobile Apps portal)
|Quetta Safe City Phase II (Those areas left in Phase-I)|
|Citizen Facilitation Centre And E-Khidmat Centre at Quetta hub, Gwadar, Khuzdar and Loralai Centre, Phase-I in Quetta|
|Multimedia projectors /sound systems at dblc barury, gfi shazman, cgc nawakili quetta & minority institutions in Quetta.|
|ESTABLISHMENT OF SHAHEED
BENAZIR DIGITAL LIBRARY AT
- Balochistan Institute of IT & Management Sciences (BIITMS) Loralai.
- Information Technology Training Institute (ITTI) Quetta.
- Information Technology Training Center (ITTC) Pishin, Mach and Dhadhar.
- Information Technology Training Institute (ITTI) at Naseerabad, Kalat, Killa Saifullah, and Ziarat
- IT Training Institute Musakhail
- Revamping of Government Polytechnic Institutes of Balochistan
- NAVTTC Skill development Program
- Information Technology Training Institute (ITTI) at Turbat, Killa Abdullah, Zhob, Jaffarabad & Harnai
- Capacity Building of IT & Computer professionals in Balochistan
- Development of Government of Balochistan Web Portal
- Provision of Black Berry Phone facility to all Administrative Heads
- Revamping of CCTV Surveillance System of Tertiary Care Hospitals of Quetta City
- Establishment of Video Surveillance System for Quetta Police
- CCTV Surveillance System & Control Room at Civil Secretariat
- Deployment of Durust Daam m-app in the province
- Installation/Management of Video Conferencing System at Governor Secretariat, Chief Minister Secretariat, Chief Secretary Secretariat, all Commissioner’s Offices and Balochistan House Islamabad
- Installation of Biometric Attendance System with RFID System at Chief Minister Secretariat and Civil Secretariat
- PSDP Dashboard at Civil Secretariat
- Visitor Management System at Civil Secretariat
- LAN/WAN including Internet facility at Civil Secretariat
- E-filing System at Balochistan Civil Secretariat Quetta
- Establishment of Digital Library / Digitization of Laws/Acts
- Establishment of GoB Data Center
- Virtual Education System in Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools in Balochistan
- Establishment of IT Park, Quetta
- Astronomical/Space Observatory for Science Educational Research and Recreational Purposes in Quetta
- Installation of Security Surveillance System at Balochistan House Islamabad, Officer’s Club Quetta & Governor Hanger at Quetta Airport.
- CCTV Surveillance System including Control Room at Chief Minister Secretariat
- Quetta Safe City
- Gwadar Safe City
Innaguration Ceremony of Chief Minister Citizen Portal
MoU signing with UOB,BUITEMS and SBK
|S.NO||OFFICER||PHONE NO.||Fax No.|
|03||Deputy Secretary (admn:)||081-9203210||–|
|04||Deputy Secretary (Dev:)||081-9201046||–|