Social Welfare Department is fully committed, determined and engaged in addressing and resolving the problems of vulnerable, marginalized, and voice less people of the Province through an institutionalized mechanism. The focused classes of vulnerable, marginalized, and voice less people consists of children, person with disabilities, drug addicts, old age /elderly people, ill population, trans genders, poverties-stricken people, Human Rights victims, un employed population, beggars and homeless people, minorities / women, females affected by family and other violence etc.
- The Social Welfare Department aims at providing better social environment by helping the neglected, handicapped and socially disadvantaged people.
- This objective is achieved through use of techniques and methods which are designed to enable individuals, groups and communities to solve their problems and felt needs through cooperative actions relying on their own resources.
Supplement to attain the ultimate objective of a welfare state according to the collective social and ethical aspirations of the people.
To foresee a neutral society with enhanced socio-economic status and minimum social disparities.
The following organograms explains the Administrative Setup of Directorate General of Social Welfare / Sub Offices / Institutions
Administrative Structure of Directorate General
- To create social awareness among groups and communities about their problems and felt needs
- Registration, strengthening, monitoring and financial assistance of voluntary social welfare organizations
- Socio-Economic empowerment of masses (Especially women)
- Eradication of social problems like drugs, beggary, child abuse etc.
- Provision of services in calamities and emergencies
- Provision of services to the neglected segments of the society i.e. widows, orphans, disabled and elderly people
Coordination with Line Deptt; NGOs and civil society
Services for General Public
- Orthopedic, Prosthetic & Physiotherapy Centre, Quetta (OPPC).
- Complex for Special Education.
- Balochistan Awami Endowment Fund.
- Balochistan Charities Registration & Regulation Authority.
- Working Women Hostel.
- Provincial Commission for Child Welfare & Development (PCCWD).
- Urban Community Centers.
- Rural Community Centers.
- Training and Rehabilitation Centers.
- Treatment & Rehabilitation Centers for Drug Addicts (District Level).
- Baby day care centers.
- Medical Services Project.
- Prison Welfare Project.
- Directorate of Literacy & Non Formal Education Social welfare Department Government of Baluchistan.
- Child Protection Centers.
- Human Right cases.
Details of Attached departments with complete address and contact details
- The Director General Social Welfare Department Address Berwery Road Quetta. Contact Person Mr. Hasan Ullah Mardanzai Director General Social Welfare Department cell number 0311-7880893 and Mr. Amjad Ali Lashari Deputy Director Administration cell Number: 0333-7715221. Land Line number 081-9213172.
- The Director General Human Right Balochistan Address Berwery Road Quetta Contact Person Mst. Mussrat Jabeen Durrani Director General Human Right Balochistan cell number 0300-3823003 and Mst. Hiba Gul Durrani Deputy Director Human Right cell number 0336-5666359.
- Office of the Balochistan Charities Registration & Regulation Authority (BCRA) Address H. No 253/163-b near city school opposite to Tareen Banglows Jinnah Town Quetta. Land Line Number: 081-9204780. Contact Person Mr. Abdul Jabbar Baloch Director General BCRA Cell number 0333-7272971 and Mr. Khuda Bakhsh Deputy Director BCRA cell number 0336-2227722.
- Office of the Balochistan Awami Endowment Fund (BAEF) Address Berwery Road Quetta. Contact Person Mr. Mumtaz Ahmed Director (BAEF) cell number 0333-2065903 Land Line Number 081-9213438 and Mr. Nasir Iqbal Bajoi Program Deputy Director (BAEF) cell number 0333-7857470.
- Office of the Balochistan Disabled Person Complex for Special Education Address Berwery Road Quetta. Contact Person Juma Khan Durrani Principal/ Director Cell Number 0333-7802937.
- The Director Literacy & Non-Formal Education Balochistan Address Berwery Road Quetta contact Person Mr. Sharif Haidar, Additional Director Literacy & NFE cell number 0336-2735068 Land Line Number 081-9213396, 081-9213440.
- The Administrator Detoxification & Rehabilitation Complex for Drug Addicts Quetta Address Mashriqi By Pass Quetta contact Person Mr. Javaid Baloch Administrator cell number 0300-3887331.
- Welfare Home for Beggars Address Berwery Road Quetta contact Person Syed Abdul Ali Deputy Director Social Welfare Department 0333-7950464.
- Dar Ul Aman Address Berwery Raod Quetta contact Person Mst. Shagufta Naz Administrator Dar Ul Aman Cell Number 0333-7801521.Land line Number 081-920921.
- Office of the Orthopedic, Prosthetic & Physiotherapy Centre, (OPPC) Address Berwery Road Quetta. Contact Person Mr. Muhammad Sabir Director Technical cell Number 0333-7802354.
- Working Women Hostel Address Jinnah Town Quetta Contact Person Mah Sultan Mengal Assistant Director cell number 0333-7943081.
- Child Protection Unit Address Patail Road Quetta contact Person Mr. Nasir Ali Baloch Deputy Director Child Protection Unit cell number 0334-2432322.
The Social Welfare Department Balochistan aims at providing multiple services to vulnerable segments of the society including women, children, and elderly people, the person with disabilities, tarn-genders etc. the Social Welfare Department with collaboration with Health Department is committed by mitigating the health-related issues. The Social Welfare Department provides a platform to all above vulnerable groups to have benefits from this department with in aim by improving their health status by ensuring access to free services in all Balochistan.
The Government of Balochistan has embarked on the mission of initiating social and health care facilities.
Contact Details: Mr. Hasan Ullah Mardanzai Director General Social Welfare Department cell number 0311-7880893. E-mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
The Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan guarantees and safe guards the Fundamental Rights of all the citizens and rectified a series international rights, treaties, aim and safe guarding and promoting the right of citizens of Pakistan. The Government of Balochistan has continued to develop, reboots legislative and implementation framework for protecting and promoting Human Right. The Social Welfare Human Right department establish HRMIS in 2021 and recently connected with Ministry of Human Right Islamabad, reports has been sent through HRMIS to the line department to collect data related to GSP Plus. Human Right Department also working for the protection of children, women and transgender.
Contact Details: Mussarat Jabeen Durrani Director General Human Right Balochistan cell number 0300-3823003
It is a moment of immense pleasure for me to know about the initiation of the official website of BCRA. I strongly believe that this website will be a source of bond between the charitable organizations, donors and the BCRA team. It is important to everyone to become familiar with digital information technology. At this juncture of evolution, information is first and focused. In this regard, the decision of launching a website is laudable. It is worth praising that how in the last 3 years, BCRA has provided an opportunity to the people of Balochistan, belonging to different areas to come together and learn about different aspects. This is an admitted fact that a website is an effective way to inform and educate people regarding the charitable organizations and how the deserving can take advantage of it.
Contact Details: Zohra Yousaf Director General BCRA cell number 0332-1346646